What our clients are saying
"Very innovative. User friendly platform"
"By far the best and easiest trading platform I have used"
"Fast and responsive. Clear. Very informative fundamentals and signals"
"Allows for in depth chart analysis, custom alerts and automatic trading"
Online trading platform features
- Dealing ticket
- News and analysis
- IG Live
Take full control over each trade in just a few clicks, using the range of helpful features in our easy-to-use deal ticket:
- Get an instant overview of market prices, spread, and margin with our simple, clean design
- Mitigate risk and protect your profits with our range of stops and limits – including guaranteed stops for watertight protection1
- Optimise conversion charges by choosing the currency you’d like to trade in
- Trade automatically by setting orders to open at your chosen level, then choose their expiry date or close manually
- Set alerts to trigger when a market moves an amount, hits a price level or meets your technical conditions
- Find dealing specs in the ‘information’ tab – minimum stop distances and trade sizes, margin factors and more
Get right to the heart of price action and make the most of opportunity with our fast, clear, smart charts.
- Analyse performance across timeframes ranging from tick-by-tick to monthly
- Get a broader view at a glance, comparing up to four timeframes on a single chart
- Perform in-depth analysis with 28 indicators (including MACD, RSI and Bollinger Bands) and 19 drawings (to highlight key trends, patterns and levels)
- Experience modern trading technology, supported by HTML5 technology, on any browser
- Deal in an instant, direct from charts – open, close and edit positions in a couple of clicks
- Get integrated access to ProRealTime, the leading web-based charting package for advanced traders
Looking for your next opportunity? Stay up-to-date with financial announcements, and ahead of market movements, with our news and analysis package – integrated into our online trading platform.
- Twitter: Follow our curated in-platform Twitter feed for real-time updates from financial news outlets, analysts, traders and institutions.
- Reuters: Discover the breaking news of the day, filtering by asset class if you wish, through an always-updated content and video feed from the world-leading news organisation.
- In-house analysts: Find fundamental and technical analysis from IG and DailyFX analysts, providing you with more of the insight you need to make an informed trade.
Get access to live and on-demand shows from our in-house TV channel, for trade inspiration and expert analysis.
- Watch shows with our experts three times a day, Monday to Friday. Discover markets to track, find key levels with live technical analysis, and plan ahead with an advance look at tomorrow’s likely events.
- 7:30am (live) – Pre-European open bulletin
- 10.30am (live) – Charting the markets
- 4pm: Trading look ahead
- Get exclusive coverage of major events, like monetary policy announcements from the Federal Reserve and Bank of England.
Be informed of price movements, events and emerging technical patterns, and decide whether to react. Set up automatic alerts to receive on your desktop and mobile:
- Price level alerts trigger when your market hits your chosen price
- Price change alerts trigger when a market moves your chosen amount
- Technical indicator alerts let you know when a market meets your technical conditions
- Economic calendar alerts inform you ahead of important market events
Get help identifying the right time to trade on forex, indices and commodities markets. Have buy and sell signals, based on analysis from two expert third parties, delivered to your mobile or desktop:
- Take the guesswork out of chart pattern recognition
- Reinforce your own market research and analysis
- Be alerted to significant trends and patterns
- Decide whether to react to potential opportunities
Tweak our platform to your spec, so that you can get it working, looking and feeling just how you need it:
- Set up multiple workspaces for different markets and goals
- Switch between light and dark backgrounds
- Group favourite or related markets in watchlists for quick access
- Choose what you see in the balance bar, for a detailed or at-a-glance view
- Seize opportunity even quicker by turning on one-click dealing
- Tailor the info you see in certain panels by adding or removing columns
- Save space and get quick access to panels by tabbing them in one place
Online trading platform performance
86 million trades in FY19
How we source the best prices
We source our prices from a large number of venues, which are continuously reviewed. We always seek to improve the integrity of our prices and reduce the transactional charges to our clients.
How we give you the best price
Markets can move in milliseconds, meaning the price you click to trade on may have changed by the time your order reaches us. However, our order management system will never fill you at a level worse than the one you requested, unless you have instructed us to do so (though your order may be rejected).
Fast and reliable
Our robust platforms are built to cope with a huge number of trades very quickly, from large volumes of traffic. We accept 7 million orders per month, from more than 130,000 unique monthly web and mobile users.3
Giving you full control
Thanks to our range of order types, you have greater control over how your trade is executed – enabling you to trade the way you want to.
- Partial fills increase your changes of successful execution when trading in large sizes
- Points through current reduces your change of price rejection in volatile market conditions, enabling you to trade through the current IG price
All our platforms use top-of-the-range web security, so you can trade with confidence.
We use 256-bit SLL (secure sockets layer) encryption, the industry standard for online financial transactions – from PayPal and eBay to high street banks.
You might be interested in…
We're clear about our charges, so you always know what fees you will incur.
We break down our algorithmic offering, so you can remove human error from your trading and backtest your theories.
See how we've been changing the face of trading for more than 45 years.
1You'll pay a small premium only if your guaranteed stop is triggered
2 Based on IG Group's OTC data for October 2019