Understanding Snap's Q2 results in under 60 seconds
We examine the key things you need to know about Snap’s second quarter results in under a minute.
Understanding Snap’s Q2 results in under 60 seconds
Looking at the highlights from these results, on a year-over-year basis, Snap reported:
- Revenue of US$454 million, up 17%; against adjusted earnings (EBITDA) of negative US$96 million, down 21%
- 238 million daily active users (DAUs), up 17%. Analysts were expecting 239 million DAUs, according to Bloomberg.
- That users opened the Snapchat app on average 30 times a day
- Free cash flow of negative US$82 million, an improvement of 20%
The average analyst rating on Snap is Overweight; while the average price target on the stock is US$23.73 per share, according to MarketWatch.
Snap last traded at US$24.74 per share, though traded down a further 6.35% in after-hours trade.
Want to take a position in Snap, long or short?
Create an IG trading account or log in to your existing account to get started now.
This information has been prepared by IG, a trading name of IG Australia Pty Ltd. In addition to the disclaimer below, the material on this page does not contain a record of our trading prices, or an offer of, or solicitation for, a transaction in any financial instrument. IG accepts no responsibility for any use that may be made of these comments and for any consequences that result. No representation or warranty is given as to the accuracy or completeness of this information. Consequently any person acting on it does so entirely at their own risk. Any research provided does not have regard to the specific investment objectives, financial situation and needs of any specific person who may receive it. It has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research and as such is considered to be a marketing communication. Although we are not specifically constrained from dealing ahead of our recommendations we do not seek to take advantage of them before they are provided to our clients.
Look closer this US earnings season
Take advantage of volatility surrounding company announcements, with:
- Out-of-hours trading on 70+ popular US stocks
- Commission-free sharing on US shares*
- Custom alerts sent straight to your mobile
* Trade three or more times in the previous month to qualify for our best commission rate.
Live prices on most popular markets