We are always transparent with our charges, so you know what costs you may incur when you trade with us
- Share trading
- CFD trading
- Other markets
- Trading platforms
- About us
Trading Australian shares incurs a commission of just $8 per trade or 0.1%, whichever is higher. For US markets, our fee is US$10, or 2 cents per share. For European markets, we charge £10 / €10 per trade or 0.1%.
Commission per trade
|Australia||$8 / 0.1%|
|US||US$10 / 2 cents per share|
|UK||£10 / 0.1%|
|Germany||€10 / 0.1%|
|Ireland||€10 / 0.1%|
Trading by phone incurs the following rates.
|Australia||$50 / 0.1%|
|US||US$50 / 2 cents per share|
|UK||£40 / 0.1%|
|Germany||€50 / 0.1%|
|Ireland||€50 / 0.1%|
For relevant transactions, we will convert currencies at the time of execution based on the best available bid / offer exchange rates, plus a spread of just 0.3%.
|Standard bank transfer||Free|
|Voting on company matters||Free|
|Same-day bank transfer||
$15 with a minimum requirement of $2000 (withdrawals in other currencies may have other charges)
|International bank transfer||Free (although there may be a charge from the bank side)|
|Physical share dematerialisation||Free|
|Account documentation fee||We charge a US$50 fee on accounts which have not supplied a mandatory W-8 or W-9 form prior to the dividend ex-date of a qualifying trade on a US-incorporated stock. We do not apply this fee to accounts with up-to-date documentation or accounts which have not entered into qualifying trades. We will notify you if you have entered into a qualifying trade and need to complete a form.|
* Additional services include but not limited to the following optional services: Arranging AGM attendance and receiving hard copies of company reports.
Where applicable, GST applies.
1. There may be additional charges and taxes for particular instruments that you trade that are charged by the particular market. Please call us on on 1800 601 734 for further details.
2. We may charge you a fee if we are required to perform a service on your behalf that is not set out in our product details.
3. There may be additional charges for particular currency withdrawals. Please call us on on 1800 601 734 for further details.
To determine whether a particular charge applies, please call our helpdesk before you trade.
1. Commission charges are calculated as a flat fee, a percentage of the transaction value or as cents per share for US shares. Where we offer trading on shares that are dual-listed and fully fungible for settlement on both exchanges, the commission charges relevant to the country where the primary listing is held will apply.
2. We will let you know in writing which commission rates apply at the time you open your account.
3. Trading hours are as follows:
You may be subject to additional trading fees or taxes depending on the country where the share is listed.
Transaction history name
|UK stamp duty reserve tax3||0.50%||Buy||n/a||SDRT|
|UK PTM||£1||Both||£10,000||PTM levy|
|Ireland stamp duty||1.00%||Buy||n/a||Irish tax|
|Ireland ITP||€1.25||Both||€12,500||ITP Levy|
|US on-exchange fee||0.00231%||Sell||n/a||Section 31 fee|
We quote more than 13,000 shares from the following stock indices in local denominations:
If you are looking for a specific stock that you can't find on our platform, please call us on 1800 601 799 to discuss your individual requirements.
Trade more than 11,000 international shares with an IG Share Trading account.
Prices are offered in local denominations, so you know exactly what you're paying, and our fee to convert to your chosen base currency is just 0.3%.
Obtaining live prices from an exchange can incur a monthly fee, but we will refund this fee if you placed a minimum number of deals in the previous month.
See our full shares list to find your next trade.