MT4 web trading: what you need to know
MT4 web trading is a means of accessing MT4 on your web browser, such as Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox or Microsoft Edge. You can do this without having to download any software, unlike when you install the MT4 application.
While there are several features and benefits you’ll enjoy when using MT4 web trading, note that you won’t have access to expert advisers. You also won’t be able to use Autochartist, a feature you can access using the desktop terminal.
In order to get access to those features, you would need to download and install MT4. You can now do this on both Windows and Mac.
Features of the MetaTrader 4 web platform
Trade anywhere and anytime
Access your MT4 account and trade directly from your chosen web browser, wherever and whenever
Compatible with any operating system
Choose to open a position and trade from an MT4 web-based terminal using Windows, Linux and Mac operating systems
Intuitive user-friendly platform
The web terminal is easy to use for all traders, including beginners
Reliable data protection
Gain access to the same data protection you benefit from when using the MT4 desktop terminal
Benefits of the MT4 web platform
There are some benefits to using MT4 web terminal instead of the desktop version and these include:
- Direct access to the MT4 trading platform. There’s no need to download the software
- Same stable, intuitive and user-friendly platform that beginner traders can use
- Plug into any main browser that’s compatible to Mac, Windows and Linux operating systems and place your trade
- Access your profile on the same customisable platform with advanced analytical tools and indicators to help you make informed decisions on your trades
- View your trading history and time-stamped journal to see your account’s activity
- Enhance your trading strategy by making use of features such as MT4’s nine chart time frames
- Use one-click trading for fast execution through a few clicks of your mouse
- Access market quotes in real-time, enabling you to place your trade on the spot
- Gain the same data protection as you would when accessing the desktop terminal and mobile app
Can you use MetaTrader 4 on web?
You can use MetaTrader 4 on a web terminal. You’ll have access to the same customisable features you’re using on the desktop terminal. However, when using MT4 for web, you won’t have access to expert advisors as you would when using the MetaTrader 4 on a desktop terminal.
How do I access the MT4 web platform?
You’ll have to access the MetaTrader 4 (MT4) web terminal by first logging into your IG account, adding an account, then selecting MT4 for web trading.
How do I access MetaTrader 4 on Safari, Firefox, Chrome and Microsoft Edge?
You’ll be able to access the MetaTrader 4 web terminal from all the major web browsers such as Safari, Firefox, Chrome and Microsoft Edge.
How do I close my MetaTrader 4 account on the web platform?
You cannot close your MT4 account on the web terminal. You’ll need to get in touch with our trading service desk to request that your MT4 account be closed.