What are trading signals?
Trading signals are actionable ‘buy’ and ‘sell’ suggestions, based on technical or fundamental analysis. You can choose to have signals sent directly to you, as opportunities in selected markets arise, and use them to help you decide how to trade. Disclaimer:
The signal service does not constitute and should not be regarded as investment advice. IG provides an execution only service. You act on the signals entirely at your own risk.
Examples of trading signals
View signals at a glance
Use the signals pane in-platform to view signals for your desired markets at a glance, including provider, direction and time frame.
Access technical signals
This is an example of a technical signal. Here you’ll get chart analysis of your selected market, along with entry and exit price targets to inform your trade.
Set up fundamental signals
Here’s what a fundamental signal looks like. Together with concise market analysis, you’ll also get to see entry and exit points, support and resistance levels and the provider’s level of confidence in the signal.
Who creates IG’s trading signals?
Our signals come directly from two third-party providers, Autochartist and PIA-First.
Autochartist’s advanced pattern-recognition technology and PIA-First’s experienced analysts monitor the markets on your behalf, giving you the best of both worlds in terms of technical analysis software and professional expertise.
Established in 2004, Autochartist is a market leader in automated technical analysis.
- Scans the markets and analyses data across multiple timeframes
- Provides objective information to help guide your decisions
- Eliminates the subjectivity and guesswork from chart analysis
Trading strategy service provided by two market professionals with over 45 years’ combined experience.
- Award-winning analysis
- Easy-to-implement trading strategies
- Expert commentary on market movements
Open an account now
Fill in our simple online form
We’ll ask a few questions about your trading experience.
Get swift verification
We can usually verify your ID in just a few seconds.
Fund your account and trade
Or practise on a risk-free demo if you’d prefer.
How to use trading signals
- Create a trading account with IG
- Log in to your account and open the trading platform
- Select ‘signals’ from our menu
- Choose from our suggested signals (ie ‘Buy FTSE 100’, or ‘Sell EUR/GBP’)
- View the trading signal and accompanying analysis from Autochartist or PIA
- Simply click to activate the signal
What markets can I get trading signals for?
Get signals for a range of popular FX pairs – including EUR/USD, GBP/USD, USD/JPY – with just one click.
Take your position on Germany 30, Wall Street, US Tech 100 and other top indices with cutting-edge analysis.
Recognise opportunity in metals, energies and softs as they develop.