5. Defend your computer against internet threats
a) Install and update anti-virus, anti-spyware and firewall software in your personal computers and mobile device.
- Update your virus checkers frequently. Anti-virus programs are not always effective against new viruses. This is because the virus designers test their new viruses on major anti-virus applications to make sure that they are not detected before releasing them into the wild.
b) Update operating systems with security patches or newer versions on a regular basis.
- Operating system updates are corrections for program incompatibilities, discovered errors and security vulnerabilities. Manufacturers like Apple provide frequent updates to make your operating systems more secure.
c) Log off the online session after activity.
- Do not leave your online screen unattended with your account displayed.
d) Clear browser cache after the online session.
- Please refer to your browser for details, as the process to clear the cache differs from one browser to another.
e) Do not install software or run programs of unknown origin.
- Only download mobile trading apps from authorized sources, such as Apple AppStore, Google play, Windows Store, Blackberry App World, etc.
f) Do not use a computer or device that cannot be trusted, for instance computers in public or internet café or computers connected to public networks to access online accounts.
- Use your personal computers or mobile devices for financial activity.
Remember, there’s an army of hackers out there trying out newer and sophisticated technologies, 24/7 to attack web users. In this digital world, the web users themselves are often the weakest link.
Under the terms of the Margin Trading Customer Agreement governing your CFD trading account with IG, you have authorised IG to rely and act on trading and payment instructions for your account, if we have reasonable grounds to believe that these communications are from you or your authorised persons.
IG relies on your userID and password to identify you and/or your authorized person when accepting instructions for your account. Once executed, you remain liable for the transactions in your account.
It’s your responsibility to take the appropriate physical and IT security precautions as you consider necessary to safeguard your account credentials and ensure that access is permitted to your authorised persons. You should also notify us immediately if you suspect that your account number and/or password has been learnt or may be used by any other person.
You will also have to indemnify IG against losses, liabilities, judgements, suits, actions, proceedings, claims, damages and/or costs resulting from or arising out of any act or omission by any person obtaining access to your account by using your designated account number and/or password, whether or not you authorised such access.