Equinox International IPO: how to buy Equinox shares
The Equinox International initial public offering (IPO) will make homegrown medical cannabis a reality in many territories. Trade in Equinox shares with a world-leading trading provider.1
What’s on this page?
How to trade in Equinox International shares
We’ll offer the possibility trade Equinox International shares right away on the day they list or post-listing. The company is set to list on the London Stock Exchange (LSE) at 8am (UK time).
You can go long or short with our derivative products, CFDs.
How to trade Equinox International stock
With us, you can trade Equinox International shares in these steps:
- Create a CFD account or Open My IG
- Search for ‘Equinox International’ on our trading platform
- Select ‘buy’ to go long or ‘sell’ to go short in the deal ticket
- Set your position size and take steps to manage your risk
- Open and monitor your position
You can trade on these shares via CFD trading, speculating on the price as you predict its rise or fall on the open market.
CFDs are leveraged products, which means that you only need to commit a deposit upfront – called margin – to receive full market exposure. Bear in mind that, while margin can increase your profits, it can substantially outweigh your deposit amount so it’s important to take steps to manage your risk.
Equinox International IPO: the essentials
Equinox International’s IPO is expected to take place in the week beginning 27 December 2021. The company aims to float on the LSE's alternative investment market (AIM).
The UK-based medical cannabis supplier is yet to confirm how much funds it hopes to raise and the number of shares that will be on offer on the debut listing.2 However, it’s been rumoured that the medical cannabis producer is engaging potential investors and after book building is likely to make its IPO valuation and funds raised public.2,3
What is Equinox's business model?
The business model of this medical cannabis producer includes cultivating its very own crop in the UK – the very first of its kind. Until now, the UK has had to depend on imports to produce cannabis products for medical use.
The medical cannabis sector – from production to supply chain – has received much support from the political arena, since the UK’s medical cannabis legislation was passed in 2018. To date, over 50 countries have passed medical cannabis laws (including 36 US states). The UK has the prospect to be the largest legalised cannabis European market, potentially reaching up to €8.8 billion by 2028.3
- Equinox International received one of the Home Office’s first Schedule 1 Controlled Drugs License in the UK. The license will enable Equinox International to be UK’s leading ‘land to brand’ medical cannabis company, where a 20-acre site will be used for the cultivation, production, supply and research of the flower.
- The company created intellectual property (IP) protected cannabis formulations to supply the UK’s NHS, as part of a strategic partnership4
- In December 2020 Equinox International signed a three-year agreement with Aleafia Health, bolstering the health company’s entry into the Israeli cannabis market5
- Unlike tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), a psychoactive component of cannabis that is banned in the UK, cannabidiol (CBD) is a non-psychoactive part of cannabis plant and its oil is often used in the treatment of chronic pain and inflammation that comes with chronic illnesses such as cancer, leukaemia, arthritis, epilepsy, to name a few 2,3
Who are Equinox International’s competitors?
Equinox international’s competitors include the following UK-listed medical cannabis producers:3
- Kanabo, which creates medical treatment products
- Cellular Goods, cannabinoid firm financially backed by UK former soccer star David Beckham
Other US competitors, that are not exclusively in the medicinal cannabis industry, include:
- Jazz Pharmaceuticals, a cannabis-focused biotech company listed on the Nasdaq
- Green Thumb Industries, a marijuana grower and retailer based in the US
- Trulieve Cannabis, a marijuana grower and retailer based in the US
- Innovative Industrials properties, an ancillary provider listed on the NYSE in the US
- GrowGeneration, an ancillary provider and largest cannabis retail chain in the US listed on the Nasdaq
- Scotts Miracle-Gro, an ancillary provider of cannabis in the US and listed on the NYSE
How to analyse the Equinox International share price
Technical analysis will help you assess the future price movements of Equinox International shares by looking at historical chart data. Studying previous share price trends will help you to identify whether the stock is about to enter a bullish or bearish trend.
On the other hand, fundamental analysis identifies whether a stock is either overvalued or undervalued. It achieves this by analysing the individual company’s perceived ability to generate a profit, focusing on macroeconomic data, financial statements and decisions from senior management.
This information has been prepared by IG, a trading name of IG Markets Limited. In addition to the disclaimer below, the material on this page does not contain a record of our trading prices, or an offer of, or solicitation for, a transaction in any financial instrument. IG accepts no responsibility for any use that may be made of these comments and for any consequences that result. No representation or warranty is given as to the accuracy or completeness of this information. Consequently any person acting on it does so entirely at their own risk. Any research provided does not have regard to the specific investment objectives, financial situation and needs of any specific person who may receive it. It has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research and as such is considered to be a marketing communication. Although we are not specifically constrained from dealing ahead of our recommendations we do not seek to take advantage of them before they are provided to our clients.
Explore the markets with our free course
Discover the range of markets you can trade on - and learn how they work - with IG Academy's online course.
Turn knowledge into success
Practice makes perfect. Take what you’ve learned in this shares strategy article, and try it out risk-free in your demo account.
Ready to trade shares?
Put the lessons in this article to use in a live account. Upgrading is quick and simple.
- Trade over 12,000 popular global stocks
- Protect your capital with risk management tools
- Deal on 70 key US stocks out-of-hours, so you can react to news
Inspired to trade?
Put the knowledge you’ve gained from this article into practice. Log in to your account now.