Trade Insights

Become a premium client and receive trade insights on shares you like to trade.

As part of the premium service you will receive daily insights on the shares you trade from your Premium Client Manager.



Trade insight example

Spar Group Ltd

12 November 2014 

Spar most recently has been on the acquisition trail, acquiring 80% in BWG Group, a leading food retail and wholesale distribution company and Spar brand owner with operations in the UK and Ireland with more than 1100 stores, effective from 1 August 2014. A commitment to acquire the remaining 20% has been made for the future. The additional value these acquisitions would have added, had they been consolidated from 1 October 2013 would have been R13.9 billion with operating profit of R180.4 million.This morning the company released a stellar set of results for the year ended 30 September 2014 in what was supposed to be a challenging year for retailers.

Financial Highlights:

  • HEPS up 12.5% to 781.8 cents per share
  • Diluted HEPS up 12.6% to 730.4 cents per share
  • Dividend per share up 11.3% to 540 cents per share
  • Return on Equity 43.4% up from 39.6% - Leigh Riley, Premium Client Manager

Spar Group Ltd, 11/11/2014

Open an account now

It's free to open an account, takes less than five minutes, and there's no obligation to fund or trade.

IG provides execution only services and enters into principal to principal transactions with its clients on IG’s prices. Such trades are not on exchange. Whilst IG is a regulated FSP (number 41393), CFDs with IG are not regulated by the FAIS Act and IG does not provide advisory or intermediary services.

Contact us

24 hours a day from 10am Saturday to Friday night at midnight.

010 344 0053

You can also email

CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 81% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider.You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work, and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money. CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage.