Joint account holders, US citizens or residents of the US, and corporate clients
Please complete the relevant form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org, or to our postal address: IG Bank S.A., 42 Rue du Rhône, 1204 Geneva.
Joint account holders that are not US citizens or residents of the US should each complete a Form W-8BEN, and return both to us together.
Individual US citizens or residents of the US should complete and return a Form W-9.
Corporate clients should complete and return ONE of the following forms:
- Form W-8BEN-E — Certificate of Status of Beneficial Owner for United States Tax Withholding and Reporting (Entities);
- Form W-8ECI — Certificate of Foreign Person's Claim That Income Is Effectively Connected With the Conduct of a Trade or Business in the United States;
- Form W-8EXP — Certificate of Foreign Government or Other Foreign Organization for United States Tax Withholding and Reporting;
- Form W-8IMY — Certificate of Foreign Intermediary, Foreign Flow-Through Entity, or Certain U.S. Branches for United States Tax Withholding and Reporting; or
- Form W-9 — Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification
Form W-8BEN-E: Those corporate clients that are (i) resident in a country with which the US has a double taxation treaty and (ii) are making a claim under that treaty should be aware of the treaty’s Limitation on Benefits provisions and the terms within those provisions. For more information, please visit the IRS website.
We may charge a $50 fee on accounts which have not supplied a mandatory Form W-8 or Form W-9 prior to the dividend ex-date of a qualifying trade on a US equity. We will notify you if you have entered into a qualifying trade and need to complete a form.