I'm a shares trader
With CFDs, you can use your existing knowledge and approach to researching the stock market and make your investment capital go further (via leverage) and protect your physical portfolio (by hedging). Of course you should bear in mind the inherent risks of leverage.
- Potentially profit from falling and rising stock prices
- Trade Swiss and international shares from the same account
- Use leverage to make your investment capital go further
- Trade inside the market spread using direct market access
- Short-sell to protect your physical portfolio from adverse movements
- Diversify your portfolio with stock indices, sectors and more.
- Be confident of potentially better prices, which we source from primary exchanges and dark pools of liquidity.
- Your shares knowledge means you’re well equipped to get started. Read more about share trading with IG.
- CFDs are traded in the same notional amounts as the underlying market, so there’s no need to learn a new trading language.
- You still get dividends from share CFDs.
Be aware that CFD trading is not suitable for everyone as it involves leverage, which can result in losses which exceed your initial deposit.
See our shares services