1. Sectors bets can be made in two ways: as a Daily Funded Bet (DFB) or as a futures bet (Quarterly bet). DFBs have an expiry some way out in the future and the expiry months for Quarterly bets rotate on a March, June, September, December cycle. Prices are quoted for the current and next quarter month.
2. The margin factor is 10%, so you only have to put up 10% of the total exposure of the trade.
3. Our quotes an ‘all-in’ spread for sectors, which includes both our spread and market spread. The spread is usually calculated as a percentage of the current sector price as follows:
- DFB: 0.2% of sector price
- Near quarter: 0.6% of sector price
- Far quarter: 0.7% of sector price
4. For guaranteed stop bets a guaranteed stop premium is charged if your guaranteed stop is triggered. The potential premium is displayed on the deal ticket, and will form part of your margin when you attach the stop. Please note that premiums are subject to change, especially going into weekends and during volatile market conditions.
5. The minimum bet size for sectors is £0.50 per point (for online dealing).
6. Dealing hours: Monday to Friday, 08.15am to 4.30pm (UK time).
7. The last dealing day for quarterly bets will be the Tuesday before the third Wednesday of the contract month.
8. Unless expressly agreed otherwise with IG, positions will be rolled over to a later date by default. For most positions, a client can, before the position has been automatically closed, ask for the position not be rolled over to a later date. Rolling over a position involves closing the old position and opening a new one. We normally attempt to contact a client shortly before a position is due to expire and offer the client the opportunity to roll the position over. However, we cannot undertake to do this in every case and it remains the client's responsibility to communicate their roll preferences for any position(s) before it expires.