Below you’ll find everything you need to know about Roofoods (Deliveroo) IPO:
- What is PrimaryBid?
- How can I access PrimaryBid with IG?
- When will the Deliveroo IPO happen?
- Who can participate in the placing through PrimaryBid?
- What’s the deadline to participate in the placing through PrimaryBid?
- When can I start buying and selling shares?
- Is there a maximum subscription per client?
- In which account should the funds be available in order to subscribe?
- What’s the GIN number when opening a PrimaryBid account?
- Will there be a fee when my subscription is transferred to my IG share dealing account?
- Do I need to have a broker to subscribe?
- Will Deliveroo be available to trade on the IG platform?
- Will I be able to find Deliveroo on the IG platform once it starts trading?
- Who can open a position on Deliveroo once Roofoods shares are available on the platform?
- What will the Deliveroo share price be?
- Where can I find more information?
What is PrimaryBid?
PrimaryBid is the platform you'll use with your IG account to subscribe to the IPO. It is an investment platform that connects companies with retail investors. This gives everyday investors equal opportunities to participate in primary and secondary offerings that have typically been restricted to institutional investors.
To create a PrimaryBid account, use this link:
How can I access PrimaryBid with IG?
- You need an IG share dealing account to receive any shares allocated from an IPO via PrimaryBid. You can add one via the ‘Add an account’ button in My IG. If you don’t have any accounts with IG, you can open a share dealing account with us using this link: https://www.ig.com/uk/create-account
- Head over to PrimaryBid and create an account using this link:
- Check which issues and IPOs are available
- Enter your IG share dealing account ID via Primary Bid > My Account > Broker Details to receive shares directly into your IG shares portfolio
- Place your order for the IPOs on offer through PrimaryBid
When will the Deliveroo IPO happen?
Deliveroo is now going to start trading on Wednesday 31 March 2021 from 8am.
The date being quoted in the press for unconditional trading is 7 April. Therefore, spread bet, CFD, general investment account (GIA) and SIPP clients can trade it on a ‘when issued’ basis from 31 March.
Only ISA clients will need to wait until 7 April to trade.
Who can participate in the placing through PrimaryBid?
Share dealing clients can participate in the IPO through PrimaryBid. For the Deliveroo IPO specifically, you will need to have a Deliveroo account and have placed at least one order. If you own a leveraged IG account (CFD trading or spread betting), you will need to add a share dealing account to participate.
To add a share dealing account:
- Go to My IG on your existing account
- Select ‘Add an account’
What’s the deadline to participate in the placing through PrimaryBid?
You can register your interest now – the application period ends on 30 March 2021. Share allocation and price will be confirmed via email on the following day.
When can I start buying and selling shares?
Admission of shares to trading will not be until the day of the IPO. Buying and selling shares may not be possible until some days after admission.
For more information, contact PrimaryBid directly.
Is there a maximum subscription per client?
Yes, the maximum subscription per client is £1000 – this has been capped by Deliveroo.
In which account should the funds be available in order to subscribe?
You will need to fund your PrimaryBid account directly. The funds should be deposited into your PrimaryBid account before you can subscribe.
What’s the GIN number when opening a PrimaryBid account?
The GIN number is your IG share dealing account number. This can be found on your My IG page.
Will there be a fee when my subscription is transferred to my IG share dealing account?
No, there is no fee.
Do I need to have a broker to subscribe?
If you have already specified a broker, such as IG, with PrimaryBid when subscribing to the Deliveroo offering, your stock allocation will be sent to us. If you have defined a different broker, the shares will be sent to them. If you haven’t specified any broker, your shares will be sent to the default corporate sponsored nominee (CNS), Equiniti.
After the allocation has been made, you’ll have the opportunity to transfer your shares from Equiniti to a provider of your choice. This can be done free of charge until 7 May 2021. Thereafter, a fee of £5 will apply.
Will Deliveroo be available to trade on the IG platform?
Yes, Roofoods (Deliveroo) shares should be available to trade from 8am (UK time) on the day of the IPO. We will not be offering a grey market.
Will I be able to find Deliveroo on the IG platform once it starts trading?
Yes. Once the Deliveroo IPO is completed, the stock will be called Roofoods and will be available as such on the platform.
Who can open a position on Deliveroo once Roofoods shares are available on the platform?
Both leverage and non-leverage clients can open positions on Roofoods shares, meaning that you can trade and invest in the company.
Where can I find more information?
You can get more information from PrimaryBid using this link:
If you have further questions, you can submit them on our community page using the comments section at the bottom of the page. Community members and IG staff will then review and reply to questions from 25 March 2021 to 10 April 2021.