It’s a regulatory requirement that we verify your identity when opening your account. Find out how you can help us do this below.
In order to open an IG account, you’ll need to provide an identity document (ID) to verify your identity. We accept passports and ID cards as proof of identity – we do not accept driving licences.
There are three ways you can help us verify your identity:
Verify your ID via IDnow
You can use IDnow – the online identification platform we use – to verify your ID via video chat.
- Follow the step-by-step instructions on the form
- Have your ID card or passport to hand – remember that we don’t accept driving licences
- Make a record of the IDnow ID number for any enquiries
- Note that it can take up to 24 hours for the verification to be sent to IG
(Monday to Sunday, 8am and 12 midnight)
Verify your ID via Deutsche Post
Deutsche Post also offers video verification via ID card or passport – remember, driving licences are not accepted.
Click on the 'identity verification' button below, and you’ll be sent to Deutsche Post’s identity verification portal, POSTIDENT.
Here, you’ll find four options for ID verification:
- POSTIDENT by video chat
- POSTIDENT by photo
- POSTIDENT by eID
- POSTIDENT by post office
Select ‘POSTIDENT by video chat’ and, once completed, you will be automatically redirected to the IG website.
Verify your ID via your bank
Your bank can also verify your ID, just follow the steps below:
- Fill out this identity verification form: Identify Verification Form (PDF, 51 kB)
- Take it to your bank, along with your ID or passport to be verified – remember we don’t accept driving licences
- Return the completed form, together with a copy of your valid ID, to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org