You can transfer existing shares from another broker (broker-sponsored) or a registrar (issuer-sponsored) to your IG share trading account. Inbound transfers are processed free of charge, and we accept most AU, UK, US, DE, and IE shares.
Transfers from another broker can be completed within 2 to 3 working days depending on responsiveness and procedures. Transfers from a register can take 1 to 2 working days.
To avoid any delays, make sure your contact details are up to date, your tax file number (TFN) for transferring AU shares is submitted, and/or you’ve completed the W-8BEN form for transferring US shares. Your TFN can be submitted by clicking on any Australian share on your platform and following the prompts.
Submitting your request:
Complete and sign the relevant PDF form below and return a clear scanned copy to email@example.com from your registered email address. Please note a wet signature is needed – digital signatures won’t be accepted.
- Broker-sponsored stock transfer form (PDF, 568KB) – used for transferring from a broker, or online share trading account. Your Holder Identification Number (HIN) from your broker will be required
- Issuer-sponsored transfer form (PDF, 1.2MB) – used for transferring shares held with a registrar, usually as the result of an initial public offering (IPO), SPP or Employee Share Plan. Your Security Reference Number (SRN) as shown on your holding statement issued by the registrar is required
If you wish to transfer shares to IG and a change in beneficial ownership is required (i.e. between different entities or individuals such as a spouse) kindly email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can assess feasibility, advise you further and provide any necessary forms.
- After receiving your transfer request, we’ll assess the feasibility and proceed if possible. You will be updated you accordingly
- You may be out of the market for a period while the transfer takes place.Shares will be shown under your ‘open positions’ tab on your platform once the transfer is complete
- Due to Covid-19 you may experience transfer delays