The following notes apply to all of the preceding forex tables, wherever the corresponding number is found.
1. Normal dealing hours for all pairs are from 21.00 (London time) on Sunday until 21.59 (London time) on Friday, with the exception of emerging-market pairs, which operate on different schedules. All dealing times listed are London times. Please note that Daylight Savings Time in the UK or the country of origin may cause the times shown to be imprecise.
2. Spreads are subject to variation, especially in volatile market conditions. Our quotations are derived from quotes in the underlying market available to us from the banks and liquidity providers with which we trade. We monitor the liquidity available in the underlying market, offering our minimum spread when the market spread is particularly small. In most other conditions, our typical spread applies. If spreads move wider in the underlying market, we may match this. We do not apply any weighting or biases to our pricing sources.
3. For guaranteed stop bets a guaranteed stop premium is charged if your guaranteed stop is triggered. The potential premium is displayed on the deal ticket, and can form part of your margin when you attach the stop. Please note that premiums are subject to change, especially going into weekends and during volatile market conditions.
4. Margin requirements represent a percentage of the overall position value. You can find the tiered margins from the Get Info dropdown section within each market in our trading platform. Please note that higher margins may be required for large positions. Please see our tiered margining page for more details.
5. For all forex futures bets, unless expressly agreed otherwise with IG, positions will be rolled over to a later date by default. For most positions, a client can, before the position has been automatically closed, ask for the position not to be rolled over to a later date. When forward forex bets are rolled over, the initial bet is closed at the mid-price for the contract month, plus or minus half of our normal spread. The new bet is then opened at the mid-price of our current quote for the next contract month. If the initial bet had a guaranteed stop applied, the full guaranteed stop premium is either added to the offer price or subtracted from the bid price, depending on the direction of the bet.
6. Each day your DFB bet remains open, we make a cash adjustment to your account to reflect the funding costs of your bet. The funding adjustment is based on the tom-next spread for the currency pair involved including IG's charge for holding positions overnight of 0.0022% per day. Note: For any position opened before 22.00 Wednesday that is still open after 22.00 Wednesday, the daily interest credit or debit will be made for three days as opposed to one. This three-day adjustment covers settlement of trades over the weekend period. This will not always apply to emerging-market pairs. Emerging pairs are priced using one-month pricing, so the funding charge for these will depend on the three-day adjustment that is made in the underlying market.
7. Forward spread is added to the current spot spread for each pair to produce our forward prices. This means that dealing spreads available will be variable, depending upon market conditions.
8. Where a client has agreed with IG to expire a position, it will do so on or after the last dealing day basis the middle of the IG price at the last dealing time, plus or minus half the IG spread. For forward bets, typically this is the second Friday of the month for which the bet expires.
9. Professional clients are exempt from regulatory limits on leverage in place for retail clients, and are able to trade on lower margins as a result. You can find out more, and check your eligibility, on our professional trading page.