Download our post-Covid investment report
Discover the three steps to economic recovery
Learn how 250 global fund managers are adapting their strategies
Find out where the next growth opportunities are
We’ve conducted research using a combination of quantitative and qualitative analysis, expert opinions and market insights to help you:
- Understand the economic similarities and differences between the 2008 global financial crisis and the current recession
- Know why 86% of hedge fund managers describe the pandemic as ‘negative’ or ‘very negative’ for their funds
- Assess the operational, technological and regulatory trends that will affect future investments
- Adapt your investment strategies to take advantage of opportunities in a post-Covid world
How will Covid-19 affect hedge funds, those that manage them and the industry as a whole?
Here are some key points to guide you:
- A greater need for flexibility – to keep the wheels turning during a pandemic, flexibility is paramount. Companies that facilitate and embrace this are likely to be strong performers.
- Increased use of technology for daily operations – businesses have adapted, streamlined and cut costs to survive the ongoing crisis. We’ll see a move towards an increasingly virtual working environment.
- Transparency and decreased risk – in a post-Covid world, businesses will need to be more accountable and consumer-focused. Those who achieve this will be a strong stock market performer.
- More focus on personal well-being – Covid-19 has forced people to take more interest in their own health. Now, more than ever, there’s greater interest in health products and companies.
- Local businesses vs corporations – the ongoing crisis has created a social media movement in support of small and local businesses. This could force a scaling back on retail stocks in favour of alternative assets.
IG Asia Pte Ltd (IGA) may distribute information/research produced by its respective foreign affiliated companies within the IG Group of companies pursuant to an arrangement under Regulation 32C of the Financial Advisers Regulations. Where the research is distributed in Singapore to a person who is not an Accredited Investor, Expert Investor or an Institutional Investor, IGA accepts legal responsibility for the contents of the report to such persons only to the extent required by law. Singapore recipients should contact IGA at 6390 5118 for matters arising from, or in connection with the information distributed.
The information/research herein is prepared by IGA and its foreign affiliated companies (collectively known as the IG Group) and is intended for general circulation only. It does not take into account the specific investment objectives, financial situation, or particular needs of any particular person. You should take into account your specific investment objectives, financial situation, and particular needs before making a commitment to trade, including seeking advice from an independent financial adviser regarding the suitability of the investment, under a separate engagement, as you deem fit.
Please see important Research Disclaimer.