A guide to trend trading
Technical analysis (TA) is used to identify market trends to help traders forecast and capture opportunities within the market. Find out how using TA might elevate your trades with our free ebook – written in partnership with Bloomberg.
Download your guide today and discover:
The different trend trading strategies, and variety of technical indicators
Ways to use these tools to identify market trend direction which can potentially provide trade signals
Variety of advanced analytical techniques to capture price movements
How to build strategies for short-term and long-term trading
Fill in your details to get your free ebook
I. An introduction to trends
- An introduction to reading market trends with technical analysis
- How to use line chart, bar chart and candlestick chart to read market trends
- Important concepts about support and resistance levels
- What are some different indicators or factors to look out for when identifying trends?
III. Advanced TA
- Popular technical indicators to incorporate into your short-term and long-term trading strategies
- In-depth understanding of popular indicators like leading and lagging indicators
IV. Building your TA strategy
- Putting it together by charting against different time frames and back testing
- How to start building your holistic trading strategies to fit your trading style
Trade CFDs on our wide range of markets
Why choose IG?
We’re a world's No.1 CFD provider, trusted by over 239,000 clients globally3.
A FTSE 250 company, we have a robust balance sheet and over 45 years of experience at the forefront of our industry.
Our highly-trained support team is available 24 hours a day from Monday to Friday.
1 24/7 means all week apart from ten hours from 10pm Friday to 8am Saturday (UK time), and 20 minutes just before the market opens on Sunday.
2 Other fees and charges may apply.
3 Based on revenue excluding FX (published half yearly financial statements, June 2020).