If you have connected your live IG account to MetaTrader 4 (MT4) and are experiencing issues submitting forex orders from the MT4 desktop or mobile app, make sure that the currency pairs you are trading are named in this format: EURUSD.FX or GBPUSD.FX.
You will only be able to trade pairs that end is '.FX'. All the other pairs should be written in gray, while '.FX' pairs are written in black.
Follow these instructions for both the MT4 desktop and mobile app to set your platform up in this format.
IG US MT4 desktop fix:
1) Log in to MT4 on your desktop and go to 'View'
2) Select 'Symbols',
3) Under 'Symbols', hide all these options from the subfolders: 'C-Forex-1', 'C-Forex-2', 'C-Forex-3'
4) Select 'Show all' for the currency pairs under 'C-Forex-US'. All of these markets should end with '.FX' and they will be live to trade on your MT4 account
IG US MT4 mobile app fix:
1) Start up from your MT4 mobile app and tap the blue pencil in the upper-left corner
2) From there, select all of the currency pairs that DO NOT end with '.FX'
3) Once you have selected all pairs not ending with '.FX', tap the red trash bin in the upper-right corner to remove them
4) Next, go back to the home page and click on the blue plus symbol in the upper-right corner
5) Go to the folder titled: 'C-Forex-US'
6) Select currency pairs by pressing on the green plus symbol to the left of the currency pair name
7) Add all the '.FX' pairs