I'm a shares trader
Using your existing knowledge and approach to researching the stock market, spread betting can be the next step in diversifying your portfolio with stock indices, forex, commodities and more.
As a leveraged product you can use spread betting to make your investment capital go further, but you must make sure you are aware of the risks presented.
- No capital gains tax or stamp duty**
- No commission to pay – just the dealing spread
- Potentially profit from falling and rising stock prices
- Take a position on UK and international shares from the same account
- Benefit from better prices, which we source from primary exchanges and dark pools of liquidity
- You can use spread betting to fit your strategy and lifestyle, with varied levels of risk
- Spread betting doesn’t mean sacrificing your dividends – we make dividend adjustments for long and short positions
Be aware that spread betting is not suitable for everyone as it can result in losses which exceed your initial deposit.
If you would like to learn more, read our guide to spread betting, or try our dealing platform with no login required.
See our shares service