Shares held as physical certificates can be de-materialized into an electronic format on your IG share dealing account. It costs £100 (including VAT) per certificate and we only offer this service for most UK stocks and we cannot dematerialize IE ISIN stocks.
- Ensure you have an active and funded IG share dealing account
- Download and complete our CREST Transfer Form
- Print and sign with a pen – electronic signatures not accepted
- Scan and send a copy of the CREST Transfer Form along with the copy of the share certificate to firstname.lastname@example.org. Forms sent via post will not be accepted.
- Once details have been verified, you will receive an email confirmation from our team with the further steps.
- We’ll deduct £100 (inclusive of VAT) per certificate from your IG share dealing account and update you via email accordingly.
- The process usually takes 3 to 6 weeks, but may take longer as several parties are involved.
- It is not possible to transfer shares directly into an ISA from a certificate form. Once the shares have been dematerialized and have settled in your share dealing account, you’ll need to request a ‘bed and ISA’ transfer if you wish to transfer the shares to your ISA account.
How do I transfer shares held with UK registrar to IG?
If you hold shares directly with a UK registrar (such as Equiniti, Computershare or Capita) in an electronic format, the shares can be transferred to your Share dealing account. However, If you wish to transfer the shares to your ISA account from the UK registrar, the maturity date of the stock should be within 90 days and we can proceed it to a ISA account along with the HMRC approved LOA [this will be provided by the registrar].
There is no need to follow the broker-to-broker transfer process or complete a CREST form. You will need to complete and email us a signed Form E/Change of Nominee form found on your registrar’s website. Electronic signatures are not accepted.
- Ensure you have an active IG share dealing account
- Complete Form E provided by your registrar.
- Print and sign with a pen – electronic signatures not accepted.
- Scan and send a copy of the Form - E to email@example.com. Forms sent via post will not be accepted.
Once details have been verified, you will receive an email confirmation from our team with the further steps.