All the instruments described on this site are contracts for difference (CFDs). Our bonds give you exposure to changes in the value of bond prices but they are cash settled and cannot result in the delivery of any commodity or instrument.
1. a) CFDs on bond futures are quoted with reference to the equivalent expiry contract on the underlying futures market. We do not apply any weighting or biases to our pricing sources.
b) Spreads are subject to variation, especially in volatile market conditions. Our dealing spreads may change to reflect the available liquidity during different times of day. Our normal spread is shown in the table.
c) Dealing spreads may be offered as a fixed or variable amount. If variable spreads are in use, then the spread shown in this table is the amount of IG spread added to the underlying futures market spread. Any variable dealing spreads are marked with an asterisk (*).
d) We will not charge any additional commission unless we notify you in writing.
2. For guaranteed stop trades a guaranteed stop premium is charged if your guaranteed stop is triggered. The potential premium is displayed on the deal ticket, and can form part of your margin when you attach the stop. Please note that premiums are subject to change, especially going into weekends and during volatile market conditions.
3. Margin requirements represent a percentage of the overall position value, and can vary depending on which account type you hold. If two values are listed, the first value applies to Trader Accounts and the second to Select Accounts. You can find the applicable tiered margins from the 'Get Info' dropdown section within each market in the trading platform. Please note that higher margins may be required for large positions. See our margins page for more details.
4. Professional clients are exempt from regulatory limits on leverage in place for retail clients, and are able to trade on lower margins as a result. You can find out more, and check your eligibility, on our professional trading page.
5. Unless expressly agreed otherwise with IG, positions will be rolled over to a later date by default. For most positions, a client can, before the position has been automatically closed, ask for the position not be rolled over to a later date. Rolling over a position involves closing the old position and opening a new one. We normally attempt to contact a client shortly before a position is due to expire and offer the client the opportunity to roll the position over. However, we cannot undertake to do this in every case and it remains the client's responsibility to communicate their roll preferences for any position(s) before it expires.
Where a client has agreed with IG to expire a position, it will do so on or after the last dealing day on the basis set out below plus or minus half our spread:
- T-Bond and T-Note based on the official closing price of the Treasury Bond futures contract on CBOT converted into decimal form and then rounded to the nearest 1/100th of a point.
- Bund, Bobl Buxl, Schatz, OAT French Government Bond and Long-term BTP Italian Government Bond at the final settlement price of the relevant futures contract as determined by Eurex at 17.15 (Central European Time) on the last dealing day.
- Short-term Gilt (2-year) based on the final settlement price of the LIFFE Short Gilt Future on the third last business day of the previous month.
- Long Gilt based on the official closing price of the LIFFE Long Gilt future on the third last business day of the previous month.
- Japanese Government Bond at the final settlement price of the 10-year mini JGB futures as reported by SGX on the last trading day.
6. The quotation for Decimalised Treasury Bonds is presented in hundredths of a full Treasury Bond point. Contracts will be settled to the nearest 1/100th of a point, as calculated from the relevant settlement provided by CBOT, converted into decimal form.
7. When you trade in a currency other than your base currency your profit or loss will be realised in that currency and will be booked to your account in that currency. As a default, we will automatically, and on a daily basis, convert any positive or negative balance on your account in a currency other than your base currency to your base currency. You may change this default at any time by calling us or via our trading platform.
8. Overnight funding for bonds is based on the market cost of carry including an admin fee of 2.5% per annum.