1. These terms and conditions (the “Rules”) apply to the Qantas and IG points partnership (the “Points Partnership”). By participating in the Points Partnership, participants agree to be bound by these Rules. All capitalised but undefined terms herein shall be deemed to have the same meaning as given to such terms in your Share Trading Customer Agreement and/or Customer Agreement.
2. The Points Partnership is organised by IG Markets Limited (“we”, “our”, or “us”) with their registered address being Level 15, 55 Collins Street, Melbourne, Victoria, 3000, Australia (“IG”) in conjunction with Qantas.
3. To be eligible to take part in the Points Partnership (a “Qualifying Participant”) you must fulfil the following criteria:
- a) you must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program and register your Frequent Flyer number with IG on your My IG dashboard;
- b) you must be an individual and be fully authorised to operate your Trading Account (as defined below in Clause 3(c)). For the avoidance of doubt, you must be the account holder of the Trading Account and not be participating in the Points Partnership on behalf of a third party, a joint-account holder or a corporate body;
- c) you must either:
- have successfully opened a share trading account or a forex (CFD) trading account with us (in accordance with our usual account opening rules) (respectively, “Share Trading Account” or “Forex (CFD) Trading Account”, and collectively, “Trading Accounts”) using the following URLs: (i) https://www.ig.com/au/Qantas for share trading or (ii) https://www.ig.com/au/QantasFX for forex trading; or
- have an existing Trading Account with us;
- d) you must be an Australian resident;
- e) you must not be a participant or have accepted any other concurrent promotion offered by IG, including but not limited to the Volume Based Rebates Program (https://www.ig.com/au/cfd-trading/rebates); and
- f) you will not be eligible to participate in the Points Partnership if you are an employee (or any relation or partner or agent of an employee) of IG.
Points Partnership details
Retention Points Award
4. Each Qualifying Participant who has an existing Trading Account with us pursuant to Clause 3(c)2 above, will earn up to 5,000 Qantas Points for trading shares under his/her Share Trading Account or 5,000 Qantas Points for trading forex under his/her Forex Trading Account, provided that the Qualifying Participant has executed the required number of share trades within one calendar month or the monthly Standard Lot requirement for forex within one calendar month.
Trading Accounts Points Award
Further to Clause 4 above, the tables below details the Qantas Points award system in relation to each of the Trading Accounts.
Share Trading Account
5A. Each Qualifying Participant who executes a trade on their Share Trading Account will earn Qantas Points as follows:
|Number of trades||Points||Retention Bonus|
Only applies three months after opening an account, or placing your 13th trade, whichever earlier.
In any calendar month in which the specified number of trades are placed, a Retention Bonus will be awarded based on this table.
Forex Trading Account
5B. Each Qualifying Participant who executes a trade on their Forex Trading Account will earn Qantas Points as follows:
|Monthly requirement (Standard Lots)||Points||Retention Bonus|
Only applies one month after opening an account.
In any calendar month in which the specified number of Standard Lots are placed, a Retention Bonus will be awarded based on this table.
Only the following pairs shall be eligible for applicable FX trades:
AU/NZ: AUD/USD, AUD/NZD, GBP/AUD, NZD/USD, AUD/JPY, EUR/AUD, AUD/CAD, EUR/NZD, NZD/JPY, AUD/SGD, AUD/CHF, GBP/NZD
MAJORS: EUR/USD, EUR/GBP, USD/JPY, GBP/USD, USD/CHF, USD/CAD
OTHERS: EUR/JPY, GBP/JPY, CHF/JPY, USD/SEK, USD/NOK, EUR/CAD, USD/SGD
Whenever you trade FX, you are simultaneously buying one currency and selling the other. If we take buying one Standard Lot of the AUD/USD at a current price of 0.71939, this would mean:
- Buying AUD$100,000
- Selling the equivalent USD (i.e. 100,000 * 0.71939 = US$71,939)
6. We will use reasonable efforts to ensure that Qantas Points earned by a Qualifying Participant are credited within eight (8) weeks of:
- placing your 3rd, 5th and 10th Qualifying Share Trade in relation to the Retention Bonus for a Share Trading Account; or
- meeting the monthly Standard Lot requirement for a Forex Trading Account.
Qantas is responsible for crediting Qantas Points in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program. Any disputes relating to the crediting of Qantas Points should be directed to Qantas directly. Any disputes relating to the eligibility of a trade to earn points, or the number of points earned, should be directed to IG.
7. Each participant in this Points Partnership agrees and acknowledges that:
- a) Membership in the Qantas Frequent Flyer program and the earning and redemption of Qantas Points is subject to the terms and conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program. IG will not redeem, transfer, assign or exchange any Qantas Points.
- b) all Qantas Points are governed by the terms and conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program;
- c) Qantas may vary the terms and conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program or terminate such program at any time;
- d) you will be required to pay:
- any Ticket Taxes any Ticket Taxes, taxes and other airport related charges (including any applicable GST on those taxes and charges) which may be due on the redemption of Qantas Points; and
- any applicable GST on any additional payment required on redeeming Qantas Points;
- e) a participant may receive Qantas Points only in a Qantas Frequent Flyer program membership account in the participant’s name;
- f) the number of seats available for Award Flight (as that term is defined in the terms of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program) bookings under the Qantas Frequent Flyer program is limited and some flights may not have any Award Flight seats available;
- g) IG will not be liable to any participant for any awards or benefits (including flights) for which the participant is eligible or actually redeems pursuant to the Qantas Frequent Flyer program. IG will not be liable for any costs, expenses or losses incurred by a participant in this Points Partnership as a result of or in connection with their participation in this Points Partnership or the Qantas Frequent Flyer program.
8. By accepting and proceeding with this Points Partnership, you have agreed to be bound by these Rules as well as the relevant Share Trading Customer Agreement and/or the Customer Agreement for your account with IG Markets Limited. If any provision of these Rules conflicts with any provision of your Share Trading Customer Agreement, the Share Trading Customer Agreement shall prevail.
9. Foreign exchange conversion fees and government taxes may apply.
10. Unless otherwise stated in these Terms, we are the sole arbiter of the Points Partnership, these Rules and any other issues arising under this Points Partnership. Exceptions to these Rules are at the sole discretion of IG’s management, and our decision is final. We reserve the right to alter, amend or terminate the Points Partnership or any aspect of it (including these Rules) at any time and without prior notice.
11. We will not be held liable for any losses incurred by you as a result of your trading in relation to this Points Partnership.
12. Any dispute or situation not covered by the terms of this Points Partnership will be resolved by our management in a manner it deems to be fairest to all concerned and that decision shall be final and binding on all parties. We may, at any time and in our sole discretion, refuse to award Qantas Points under the Points Partnership to Qualifying Participants and/or exclude such Qualifying Participants from the Points Partnership who: breach any of these Terms; or in IG’s opinion, abuse this Points Partnership or attempt to obtain benefits from this Points Partnership that they are not reasonably entitled to.
13. Qualifying Participants who partake in this Points Partnership do so in good faith. This Points Partnership and any obligations of IG pursuant to it will be revoked or withdrawn from Qualifying Participants who abuse the spirit or intention of it. We reserve the right to cancel or withdraw the Points Partnership at any time, or not award Qantas Points, in case of any suspected abuse of the Points Partnership. For the avoidance of doubt, “abuse” includes, but is not limited to, the opening of multiple IG accounts to claim multiple awards of Qantas Points. Further, where any of these Rules are breached or there is any reason to suspect a participant (including a Qualifying Participant) has acted fraudulently or obtained an unfair or unintended advantage pursuant to Points Partnership, we reserve the right to stop or withdraw the Points Partnership.
14. If, at any time, all or any part of any provision of these Rules are or become illegal, invalid or unenforceable in any respect under the law of any jurisdiction, such provision(s) shall not affect or impair the legality, validity or enforceability in that jurisdiction of the remainder of that provision or all other provisions of these Rules or the legality, validity or enforceability under the law of any other jurisdiction of that provision or all other provisions of these Rules.
15. Each person who participates or attempts to participate in the Points Partnership agrees that IG may disclose personal information in accordance with IG’s Privacy and Access Policy. For the avoidance of doubt, each such person consents to IG exchanging, using and disclosing their personal information (including their name, address, date of birth and Qantas Frequent Flyer number) for the purposes of facilitating their participation or attempted participation in this Points Partnership.
16. These Rules shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Victoria, Australia and shall by subject to the jurisdiction of the Victorian courts.
Definitions and Interpretation
17. In these Rules:
"members" means persons who are registered as members of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program.
"Qantas Points" means points in the Qantas Frequent Flyer program.
"Qantas Frequent Flyer program" means the promotional program to benefit Qantas' frequent travellers and members known as the Qantas Frequent Flyer program, whether owned and/or operated by Qantas or any other Qantas Group Company.
“Qualifying Share Trade” means a share trade made successfully in accordance with our usual account opening rules.
“Standard Lot” means in respect of the Retention Bonus Points Award for FX trading, one lot consisting of one trade, that being either one open or one close. There is no minimum hold time required on each trade.
"Ticket Taxes" means all taxes, fees, carrier charges, levies and charges that are payable by the purchaser of an airline ticket, including amounts imposed by airports and taxing authorities and airline imposed charges such as fuel, insurance and environmental surcharges, regardless of whether a fare is payable for the ticket.