You can use your IG account to stay ahead of the markets on the move, by downloading the IG Trading app for Android or Apple. Here’s a guide to placing a trade on either app.
Opening a position
- To find a market on Android, tap the ‘search’ icon on the top right of the screen. On Apple, hit the ‘markets’ option in the bottom bar.
- Type in the market you’re looking to trade, and then select it from the resulting list.
- You’ll then be presented with a deal ticket. Tap the blue button to buy the market, or the red button to sell the market.
- Enter the size of your position. You can also attach any stops and limits you wish to add here.
- Once you’re ready, hit the ‘place deal’ button and we’ll confirm your trade.
Monitoring and closing your positions
- To view your open positions on Android, hit the menu icon in the top left, then hit ‘positions’. On Apple, hit the ‘positions’ button on the bottom bar.
- Tap a position to see its profit or loss, and to add or adjust any stops and limits on the trade.
- You can also close your position from here, by going to the ‘close’ tab on Apple or the ‘close position’ tab on Android.
- From there, hit the green ‘close position’ button and your position will be closed.