Your capital is at risk. CFDs can result in losses that exceed your initial deposit. Please ensure you fully understand the risks involved.

What is a W-8BEN form and why do I need one?

A W-8BEN form enables us to claim a reduction in the amount of US tax you’re charged on dividends from US shares. It is a mandatory form to fill out if you want to trade US shares. You can find the form here.

Related questions

Improve your skills

Become a better trader with IG Academy. Take engaging step-by-step courses, attend expert-led seminars and webinars. 

Get peer support

Have your questions answered by like-minded traders and IG staff over at IG Community.